Just be.

Just be.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Real Men Love Jesus... Really?




A true relationship with God is one where we question authority and have doubts. Blind faith is well... blind. True faith is a struggle if it is our own because the worst temptation for us today is to just take another person's faith without the searching. 

To have hope means you will face some frustrations.

Whenever I see a man with a bumper sticker that reads, "Real Men Love Jesus" for some reason I never think of Jesus, but I think of the man driving the pickup truck. Recently I saw a note from a women and it said " I don't care what you believe in, I care about how you act." Maybe a better motto would be: real men act like they love Jesus.

The problem seems to be that so many Christians seem to want to project their idea of Christ on others. I would much rather invite you to investigate God yourself. Have your own experience.



~ Dave

2 comments:

A tidbit said...

David - Love this post, as that is a true Christian to walk with light and not tell others what to do, allow them to make their own discoveries. Thank you and Happy Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Real Men Love Jesus... Really?":

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for awhile... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless! Jenn.